Baden Hall was named after John Peter Baden, the founder of St. John’s Lutheran College. Constructed in 1894, it was the first building on campus. It housed everything the college needed: administrative offices, classrooms, dormitory, chapel, library, kitchen, dining hall, power plant and gymnasium. In the mid-1980’s, St. John’s closed it’s doors as a learning institution.
Baden Hall is the last of the four campus buildings renovated by MetroPlains. The newly renovated building houses 24 contemporary apartments, and honors the St. John’s College founder bearing the name Baden Hall Apartments. The historic building offers 16 one-bedroom, 6 two-bedroom, and 2 three-bedroom units.