This urban development consists of the substantial rehabilitation of the former Eau Claire Vocational School, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Originally, the site was home to the Eau Claire Trunk Company. The City acquired and converted it into the Eau Claire Vocational School in 1941. The building was turned over to the city’s Parks and Recreation and Forestry department in 1968 and was used as a community center and administrative offices until it was vacated in 2010.
Biscuit Lofts includes 22 apartments – 9 one-bedroom, 7 two-bedroom, and 6 three-bedroom units. Units provide residents with the contemporary amenities in loft style while maintaining the historic features. The interior of each unit have a combined living/dining space, kitchen, and full bathroom. Residents have access to a community room, fitness center and playground, while being a short walk to the heart of downtown.