Built originally in 1920 as the Linograph Company Building, it housed the rapidly expanding production of the Linograph, an early newspaper typesetting machine. The building is sited at the southwest edge of Davenport’s historic commercial core, and is two blocks north of the Mississippi River. The building is listed on the National Register for its historic integrity and its importance to the understanding of the history of industrial development in Davenport.
The building has been transformed into one-, two-, and three-bedroom loft-style apartments. Much of the original character of the building was retained, including the exposed mushroom concrete columns and exposed concrete ceilings. With guidance from the Iowa State Preservation Office, newer incompatible window materials were removed, and replaced by window systems sympathetic to the original industrial steel windows. This allows for all apartments to be flooded with natural light.